Down the Memory Lane 36 Hours: Bangalore to Ranchi: Part 1

The morning breeze went past me.. the sunlight came filtered through the windows and curtains..Seem like the most amazing morning of my entire past week.. even though everything seemed to work with the single determination to wake me up from the peace full sleep... I felt like a bad hangover not realising what day it is, why do i have to wake up early in the morning.......
With all this internal turnmoil going on, it struck me like a thunderbolt... I am supposed to catch a train and should be in a rick or something.. i woke up with the flexibility of a ninza...searched frantically for my wathc, mobile,, anything which can give me a hint clue of time... finally after turning over the room finally found my cell phone...and it was 8'O Clock ...in the morning.. that's the earliest i woke up in a long time..but i was to catch a rick to Some railway station where i'll be going to catch my train.. Only saving grace is that the train will reach there by 9:10 am..
and then i was to give lift to this girl, a friend of friend or rather she would be giving me lift..My ticket still screamed Waiting List. even the very minute i moved out of the house to catch the rick..
Nearly out of breath, not used to running so hard in past couple of months,(i'm used to take the easy way out and walk), i reached the main road thankfully it was just next to where my friends place was. Now the big task to catch an auto.. 8'O in the morning. should be an easy job to find the rick right... think again.. its a nightmare in broad day light to find an empty rick, which will take u to the destination with the right driver...Mine was the right auto but the driver was an Old Man.. experience and wise I would like to say... so i just jumped in the tiny Auto pulled my self and luggage together as i arranged myself for next 5 minutes. tending t my bruised from the dash and jump,Did i mentioned I just arranged my luggage back few hours ago around 1 a.m.).
Hmm now the deficult part where only thing which i could do was to either fall asleep again or watch out for the road and amuse myself wit the hustle bustle of Bangalore the cacaphony,bumper to bumper traffic marred my morning from becoming a pleasant or exciting one. To much traffic, must have inhaled few kgs of Dust and exhaust gas from bus, car, auto, bike etc etc. did i mentioned my Auto driver was full on Bidi and i was out of my Good old reguler...But i did not gave in to the temptaion of snatching the "Garibon Ke Ciggi" and just tried to kept myself busy with something...This i had to do for next 50 mins as i prayed, coaxed, shouted on the driver to drive fast a lil fast...jst a lil..u know what all good things u are capable of plotting when u r not on the driving seat. ;-)
and biting my nails off fighting the temptation to start running as an when i caught sight of a train or railway track to K.R. Puram.. yes i reached there.. yeah called my friend's friends she was already there.. thank god. i'll get a place to settle for sometime.No confirmed reservation right..
Crossed the railway bridge with the luggage after paying of 100 bucks for the auto wala..thankfully the train was not yet there. i was early..albeit few minutes but early which personally is a record for me.
She(Lets call her Ms P from here on) was there, my savior.The dinner from last night payed off. did i mentioned we had to take her out last night so that i can come with her. Nice girl she agreed. This must have my lucky trip was among the first few thoughts which crossed my minds.
We discussed something, few things, here and there, nonsense, about our common friend( Mr A) got some news...will discuss it in later posts. Guess what the train was 1 hour late. IST ( Indian Standard Time) always 6 hours off by GMT which means even if u come half an hour after printed time u still have a very good chance that u'll reach early...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Managing Customer Relationship- Qualifying prospects for relationship building

Jog Falls: Life when its wet

Jobless Moments on one Saturday Afternoon